Making A Difference In Your Case
- Federal Criminal Defense
- Major Crimes
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Wills and Estates
- Traffic Tickets
Carlyle is one of the more recognizable attorneys in the area. Locals know him as a lifelong attorney and cattle rancher, and many others know him from being featured in various media appearances, including the Dr. Phil show.
Carlyle Sherrill has practiced law in North Carolina for over 40 years. He primarily advises clients in the areas of criminal defense ranging from speeding tickets to felonies to serious federal offenses.
Mr. Sherrill's family has been a fixture in Mt. Ulla, NC for generations. He has three grown children and two grandchildren. He has enjoyed being a cattle rancher for over forty years, raising and showing Santa Gertrudis beef cows.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. - 1981
- Davidson College
- B.A. - 1976
- North Carolina, 1981
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- Rowan County Bar Association, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- North Carolina State Bar, Member
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice Member
- Honorable Sam J. Ervin, III, U.S. Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, Law Clerk, 1981 to 1982
- Representative W.G. Bill Hefner, United States Congress, Legislative Assistant, 1975 to 1980