Contact: Contact Me
Carlyle is one of the more recognizable attorneys in the area. Locals know him as a lifelong attorney and cattle rancher, and many others know him from being featured in various media appearances, including the Dr. Phil show.
Carlyle Sherrill has practiced law in North Carolina for over 40 years. He primarily advises clients in the areas of criminal defense ranging from speeding tickets to felonies to serious federal offenses.
Mr. Sherrill’s family has been a fixture in Mt. Ulla, NC for generations. He has three grown children and two grandchildren. He has enjoyed being a cattle rancher for over forty years, raising and showing Santa Gertrudis beef cows.
Areas of Practice
- Federal Criminal Defense
- Major Crimes
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Wills and Estates
- Traffic Tickets
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland, 1981, J.D.
- Law Review: University of Baltimore Law Review, Member, 1979 – 1981
- Law Review: University of Baltimore Law Review, Legislative Editor, 1980 – 1981
- Davidson College, 1976, B.A.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rowan County Bar Association Member
- North Carolina State Bar Member
Past Employment Positions
- Honorable Sam J. Ervin, III, U.S. Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, Law Clerk, 1981 – 1982
- Representative W.G. Bill Hefner, United States Congress, Legislative Assistant, 1975 – 1980